Being grateful for things is something most people associate with Oprah and woo woo feelings stuff. So I guess it’s perfect for me to write about this topic today on my blog because, let’s be honest, I’m always talking about my feelings.
Yesterday, a public holiday here in Victoria, I lay in bed thinking of how I had arrived at this very moment (how philosophical of me, I hear you say). I thought about the Big Hearted Business un-conference that I went to last year. Thought about everything that has happened since I went to it, how I cried for a whole week. How I looked through the notes I wrote over the course of the un-conference and made some serious goals.
Since that time in the early months of last year some major changes have happened in my life. I have been the change that I thought something else needed to be. I have been the motivation that I thought I could get from a book or a yoga class. I have refocussed. I decided to take the steps needed to make my life the life I want. But I didn’t do it alone and now I want to say thanks.
Of course I’m really grateful for good health, a job that helps me live my life and buy the things I like and for living in Australia. I think about how lucky I am often. Thanks universe!
Whilst I lay in bed yesterday I felt an overwhelming urge to send Clare Bowditch and the Big Hearted Business team a long (very long) email. Feeling very emotional, I’m sure that the email may sound a little crazy in hindsight, but in essence I was just writing to say THANKS!
And that has unleashed a friendly thanking monster inside of me, he needs to talk, he is screaming in fact. So I’ve edited down my thanks to 6 people, groups etc. So here goes…
1. I want to thank my husband Luke for being a most wonderful, beautiful, supportive, loving and caring partner in life. For always standing by me. For leaving articles on my desk and for buying me art books when I was feeling down. He is always proud of me and that feels freakin awesome. THANK YOU LUKE.
2. I want to say thanks to my Mum and Dad for always believing in me, even when they have been dubious about some of my choices. They have always been proud of my person, proud of everything I do. THANK YOU.
3. I want to thank the universe and our friend Gerome for finding us this absolutely smashing house. Every time I sit in my studio (pictured throughout this post) I pinch myself a little. This house has made Luke and I truly happy, calm and most of all creative. Wow!
4. I want to thank my family and friends for always being the first people to like my photos on Instagram and Facebook. I also want to thank them for coming to my exhibitions, workshops or commisioning me to make stuff for their family and friends. It makes me feel so loved to have your support.
5. To Kelly Thompson and Work-Shop Melbourne. Kelly is my neighbour and suggested I started teaching workshops from home one day last year. It worked, and now I am tutoring, ha. Thanks mate. Also to Work-Shop Melbourne for promoting my workshops and giving me a chance to teach adults. I love it, thanks guys.
6. To Tasha Hassapis who has designed my brand and logo (for free) and who always knows what to say to help me through a creative rutt. Thank you make. One day we will take over the world ;).
There it is. My thanks is out in the universe. I feel good.
Oh and thanks for reading. Please share your thanks to peeps and stuff with me, I’d love to hear from you.