On completion of this unit you should be able to analyse and interpret a variety of artworks using the Structural Framework and the Personal Framework.
To achieve this outcome you will draw on key knowledge and key skills outlined in Area of Study 1.
- the factors that influence responses to artworks
- the relevant aspects of the Structural Framework and the Personal Framework
- ways in which artists express social and personal interests, experiences, ideas and intentions
- terminology used in discussion and research.
- apply relevant aspects of the Structural Framework and Personal Framework to analyse and interpret artworks
- research and discuss how art reflects the personal interests, ideas, experiences and intentions of the artist
- formulate and substantiate personal opinions with reference to artworks and related references
- use appropriate terminology to discuss artworks.
We will begin analysing the work of Del Kathryn Barton, Reko Rennie, Christian Thompson and ZHU WEIBING AND JI WENYU.
You will answer a number of short response questions in class and complete an extended response under exam conditions for our final assessment.